Science Tools and Experimenting
- Wooden Balloon Boat 14cmLProduct Code: 69363Price $7.65 $6.95
Place the balloon over the ship's funnel, then inflate the balloon by blowing air into the exposed tube at the rear of boat. Place the boat in a water trough and watch. As the air is slowly expelled, the boat is propelled forward. This is a learning toy which will capture the imagination of the young scientist. Oh, and it's fun too! Measures 14cm long.Learn More
- Fossil Finder Carpet 2m x 1.5mProduct Code: 15098Price $384.89 $349.90
Great for sitting on and reading a book or two, this new scientific activity carpet has the added value of discovering prehistoric fossils. Children can examine and try to find all of the hidden fossils while wondering what kinds of other things are hiding in the earth. Durable and soft plush pile, with over-locked edges, round corners and non-slip backing, this carpet fascinates children and activates their scientific imagination. Size 2m x 1.5m.Learn More
- Newtons Cradle 17.5cmH x 17.5cmW x 11.5cmDProduct Code: 67905Price $51.59 $46.90
- Wind Turbine 77pcsProduct Code: 69300Price $76.89 $69.90This kit will help children explore the power of wind and store the produced energy to activate the four models they can build with this set; electric car, airplane, helicopter and truck. The wind power is converted into mechanical power from the big gears in the kit and to electrical power via the gear motor that acts as a dynamo. The power is then stored in a rechargeable battery found in the smart battery box unit. Highly efficient aerodynamic and adjustable 3 blade propeller to fit all wind conditions. Requires 1 AA/LR6 battery or a rechargeable battery – not included. Ages 8yrs+. Learn More
- Larger Wooden Newton's Cradle With 4cm Diameter BallsProduct Code: 67901Save 10%Regular Price $164.89 Special Price $148.39 $134.90This is the LARGER Newton's Cradle. The pendulum movement of this cradle lasts over one minute and 45 seconds due to the solid timber construction and heavier balls that are evenly weighted to a very high tolerance. The cradle measures 25cmL x 22cmW x 21.5cmH and the balls measure 4cm in diameter. Learn More
- Crooke's RadiometerProduct Code: 67988Save 17%Regular Price $65.89 Special Price $54.95 $49.95The Crooke's radiometer, also known as a light mill, consists of an airtight glass bulb, containing a partial vacuum. Inside are a set of vanes which are mounted on a spindle. The vanes rotate when exposed to light, with faster rotation for more intense light, providing a quantitative measurement of electromagnetic radiation intensity. Today the device is mainly used in physics education as a demonstration of a heat engine run by light energy. Learn More
- Liquifly-Water Power Rocket Class KitProduct Code: 67962Save 12%Regular Price $186.89 Special Price $164.89 $149.90Huge classroom set of water-powered rockets for up to six students. Experiment with different size bottles, valve pressures and water levels to see who can fly the highest. Great for school science, this kit comes with 2 pumps, 6 fins, 2 hoses with connectors, 3 large bottles, 3 small bottles, 3 hard valves, 3 soft valves, 2 laminated instruction sheets, 2 experimental sheets and storage box. Learn More
- Foucault’s Pendulum 38cm HProduct Code: 67970Save 17%Regular Price $65.89 Special Price $54.95 $49.95This simple device with a black stand is the perfect desk display for students with its rhythmic motion inscribing beautiful patterns in the sand. The simplicity of a pendulum belies its scientific importance as it has been used to demonstrate a plethora of principles, including the rotation of the earth and has been used to detect earthquakes for over a millennium. Learn More
- Jumbo Transforming SphereProduct Code: 69260Price $71.39 $64.90
- Discovery CarProduct Code: 69380Price $98.89 $89.90All the basic mechanical functions of a car are precisely reproduced, including engine with working pistons and rods, two speed and neutral gearbox and working differential allowing rear wheels to turn independently. The steering also works through a steering box. All components snap on and off the chassis to view each working individually. Learn More
- Sirius GliderProduct Code: 69365Price $19.75 $17.95
Newly designed version has improved its already exceptional flying performance to keep it in the air for over 15 seconds!
The glider has a shock-proof nose and adjustable ballasts to change flight patterns, a rudder and a 40cm wing profile to give excellent lift.
So get ready for some Sirius fun and exciting outdoor activity.Learn More
- Water Powered RocketProduct Code: 67960Price $43.95 $39.95Pump air into a 1.25 litre plastic bottle partially filled with water creating high pressure which forces the water through the restricted opening at high velocity creating the thrust necessary to launch the bottle over 30m into the air. A fun way to learn about rockets and Newton's third law of motion "every action has an equal and opposite reaction". All you need is a bicycle pump, a plastic soft drink bottle and a windless day. Adult supervision required. Learn More
- Fitzroy’s Storm Glass 28cmProduct Code: 67980Save 17%Regular Price $39.55 Special Price $32.95 $29.95
- Mehano Play Physics - OrangeProduct Code: 69413Price $54.89 $49.90
150 experiments & theoretic explanations of heat, waves, sound & electromagnetism. Make: light conductor, image from the convex lens, singing metal strips. Check resistors functioning, light emitting diode, condenser, breakwater and much more. 50 components.Learn More
- Mehano Play Physics - BlueProduct Code: 69412Price $54.89 $49.90
Discover the physical characteristics of the surrounding world. 153 experiments & explanations of measuring units, mechanics, fluids, gases, rotation & oscillation. Make: water clock, forcemeter, lever, manometer, diving bell. Check: kinetic energy, liquid pressure, speed of air & much more. 35 components.Learn More
- Chemistry ChaosProduct Code: 69331Price $32.89 $29.90
A comprehensive kit with 19 fun and interesting experiments to explore the natural world.
- The kit includes all the main scientific equipment required for the experiments.
- 51 page full colour booklet which includes fun facts and further experiments.
Includes experiments in the areas of Matter, Chemical Reactions, Crystallography, Forensic Chemistry and Qualitative Chemistry. Suitable for ages 10 years and up.Learn More
- Biology MadnessProduct Code: 69330Price $32.89 $29.90
A fun and interactive kit containing 24 inquisitive experiments to capture the imagination whilst exploring the living world. Experiments cover microbiology, environmental science, nutrition, forensic, biochemistry, genetics, physiology, botany and more.
- A comprehensive science kit with 24 fun and interesting experiments
- The kit includes all the main scientific equipment required for the experiments
- 56 page full colour booklet which includes fun facts and further experiments