Literacy, Books and CDs
- Big Book 'Let's Learn About The Dreamtime'Product Code: 24947Price $59.29 $53.90
According to Aboriginal belief, all life as it is today - human, animal, bird and fish is part of one vast unchanging network of relationships which can be traced to the great spirit ancestors of the Dreamtime - stories that explain how things came to exist. In this indigenous educational big book, you will meet the lightning brothers, who are the creators of storms, lightning and bushfires. You'll discover the mysterious Mimi spirits, who taught the Aboriginal people how to do rock-paintings. You'll read about Ginga the crocodile man, and how he formed Kakadu. You'll see the rainbow serpent and the fertility mother, learn how the sun was made and more! Written, illustrated and printed in Australia. Big Book size: 42cm x 30cm. 16 pages.Learn More
- Big Book 'Indigenous Sea Creatures'Product Code: 24946Price $59.29 $53.90
This big book is all about the indigenous wildlife that can be found in the waters of Australia, displayed in big, beautiful aboriginal artwork. In the making of this book, Mike’s 16-month-old daughter Annabella, wouldn’t leave him alone. She wanted him to read it to her again and again. Annabella loves the clown fish, the “ark” (shark), the "gong-gong" (dugong) and the naughty fish (anglerfish). Like Annabella, this book will teach other kids to name sea creatures as impressive as dugongs, whales and more! Written, illustrated and printed in Australia. Big Book size: 42cm x 30cm. 16 pages.Learn More
- Gubbi Gubbi Bush Tucker Girl BookProduct Code: 25046Price $19.69 $17.90
Gubbi Gubbi Bush Tucker Girl is an Aboriginal language children’s book that teaches the language and culture of the Gubbi Gubbi people. Gubbi Gubbi Bush Tucker Girl tells a story of a girl and her mother and the Australian native bush tucker. The book contains Gubbi Gubbi language words that are easy to learn alongside picture associations in a storytelling format about bush tucker. Gubbi Gubbi Bush Tucker Girl includes illustrations by artists Bianca Clark and Gabrielle Cloutier. Both artists joined together their talents to create a modern day illustration of the Gubbi Gubbi people.
- Authors: Christine Stuart and Susan Clark
- Illustrators: Bianca Clark and Gabrielle Cloutier
- 10 pages
- Size of the book: 25cm by 17.5cm
- Gubbi Gubbi Animal Friends BookProduct Code: 25045Price $19.69 $17.90
Gubbi Gubbi Animal Friends is an Aboriginal language children’s book that teaches the language and culture of the Gubbi Gubbi people. Gubbi Gubbi Animal Friends tells a story of a boy and his father and the Australian native animals. The book contains Gubbi Gubbi language words that are easy to learn alongside picture associations in a storytelling format about the Australian animals. The artwork showcased in Gubbi Gubbi Animal Friends is by local Sunshine Coast artist Bianca Clark.
- Authors: Christine Stuart and Susan Clark
- Illustrator: Bianca Clark
- 10 pages
- Size of the book: 25cm by 17.5cm
- I've Seen Painted People Dance BookProduct Code: 25031Price $26.29 $23.90
- Let's Compare BookProduct Code: 25028Price $32.89 $29.90
- My Australian Picture Alphabet BookProduct Code: 25514Price $31.79 $28.90
- Indigenous Small Books Set of 6Product Code: 25005Price $164.89 $149.90
This new set of 6 indigenous small books includes a wonderful range of illustrated and photgraphic books. From the beautiful indigenous people of the Torres Strait, to the different kinds of bush tucker found in the Australian mainland, to mesmerising indigenous artworks featuring Australian animals and Dreamtime stories, this pack is bursting with indigenous Australian culture. This small books pack includes 6 titles, each 29.5cm x 21cm with 16 pages.
- Animals around the Billabong Small Book
- Let's Learn about the Dreamtime Small Book
- Let's Learn about Bush Tucker Small Book
- Let's Learn about the Torres Strait Islands Small Book
- Indigenous Sea Creatures Small Book
- Birds around the Billabong Small Book
Individual titles not sold separately.Learn More
- Indigenous Marine Life Book Boxes Set of 5Product Code: 15966Price $21.89 $19.90
We would like to show our respect and acknowledge the traditional custodians of this land, of elders past and present and we respectfully tell their stories as painted by Indigenous artist, DJ Mate. Australia's Indigenous people make no distinction between land and sea. Follow the safe passage represented by the fine white dots around this beautiful book box to learn a little about each spirit animal.
Dolphin - In Indigenous culture dolphins are associated with the human spirit, reminding us to approach life with humour and joy.
Sea Turtle - Our beautiful Wudanyuka (Yanyuwa for sea turtle) is renowned for its long distance oceanic migrations.
Dugongs - The world s largest population of dugongs, also commonly known as the Sea Cow, is found at the Great Barrier Reef.
Whale - Our beautiful majestic whale, Mugga Mugga, is the sacred spiritual Totem to many coastal Aboriginal people including the Woppaburra People of the Keppel Islands.
Baby whale and mother - Our baby calf swims above its mother as she offers protection from predators below.
There are 5 boxes in this set. Each box measures 17cmW x 25cmD x 28cmH (at back) and 17cmH (at front).Learn More
- Indigenous Seasons Book Boxes Set of 5Product Code: 15965Price $21.89 $19.90
This specially commissioned artwork was created by DJ Mate, an award-winning contemporary Aboriginal artist. DJ Mate was inspired by the traditional stories of the Dharawal People as told by Frances Bodkin in her book The Annual Cycle The Season of Ngoonungi. Start your journey on the left side of the box as the Ngoonumgi, the Grey-Headed Flying Fox, gather in vast numbers as the sun sinks below the horizon. Then we follow the possum footprints to the front panel of the box as the snarling, growling sounds of their nocturnal battles can be heard. Finally, as we move to the right side of the box, gentle rains are falling. Restrictions on eating crabs, yabbies, shellfish, prawn and lobsters are lifted and feasting on the beaches occurs. A description of each illustration and its significance is included on the back so you can share this beautiful story with your class. The Seasons Book Box is ideal for storing your Indigenous resources, learning about the environment or simply adding some beautiful Australian colour to your classroom or library. Includes 5 of these beautiful boxes each measuring 17cmW x 25cmD x 28cmH (at back) and 17cmH (at front).Learn More
- Book 'The Burnt Stick'Product Code: 26021Price $24.09 $21.90The Burnt Stick is the story of a young Australian aboriginal boy, John Jagamarra, who was taken from his mother by the Welfare Department, and sent to the Fathers at the Pearl Bay Mission. Nobody asked the mothers .. the Welfare believed they would soon get over their loss. And nobody asked the children - they would soon forget. Yet John Jagamarra did not forget. He was nearly five when the Big Man from Welfare came looking for him - and you can remember many things when you are almost five years old. All through his childhood John remembered the life of the camp at Dryborough Station and the good trick his mother, Liyan, played with a stick burnt in the fire when the Big Man came looking for John. She rubbed the black charcoal into his skin to make John seem darker than he really was – too dark to be taken away. Twice she got away with it. But the third time... Originally published in 1994, this moving book is more relevant now than ever. Aimed for ages approx 7 to 12 years old. Learn More
- Book 'You and Me: Our Place'Product Code: 26020Price $24.09 $21.90At the edge of a northern Australian city, where river and mangroves reach the sea, two young boys join Uncle Tobias for a day of fishing and hunting. Leonie Norrington's beautiful text and Dee Huxley's lush, vibrant illustrations create a world in which the old and new cultures exist comfortably together and children move easily between them. Ages 7-11+. Learn More
- Book 'Say Yes'Product Code: 26019Price $38.39 $34.90Once there were two little girls who were best friends. They did everything together. As they got older they weren't allowed to do the same things anymore because they looked different and because of the law. Many Australians are not aware that we too had segregation laws in our recent history. This book tells the true story of the author’s sister and her best friend. They were segregated in class, at the local pool, and the cinema, because of the law. 'Say Yes' is a story about how the events surrounding the historic 1967 referendum played out in the everyday lives of two young girls and how the Australian people said YES. Recommended ages 5-12yrs+. Learn More
- Book 'Stories for Simon'Product Code: 26018Price $24.09 $21.90A beautiful story of acknowledging the past and working together for a brighter future. When Simon unwraps a beautiful boomerang wrapped in an old newspaper, he learns of the national apology to the Stolen Generations. Who were the Stolen Generations and how can saying ‘sorry’ help? Through a new friendship and a magnificent collection of stories, Simon gains a deep appreciation of the past and a positive vision for the future. Recommended for middle to upper primary students year 3 to 6. Ages 7-11. Learn More
- Let's Learn About Bush Tucker, Let's Learn About the Torres Strait Islands and My Family Likes Bush Tucker Big Books SetProduct Code: 99867Save 10%Regular Price $177.87 Special Price $160.05 $145.50
- Big Book 'Let's Learn About the Torres Strait Islands'Product Code: 24991Price $59.29 $53.90The Torres Strait Islands are a majestic group of islands in the pristine waters just off the northern tip of Australia. The people who live there are as beautiful as the land they come from. Come and learn about the beautiful Torres Strait Islands. Written, photographed and printed in Australia. 16 pages. Measures 42cmH x 30cmW. Ages 5yrs+. Learn More
- Big Book 'Animals Around the Billabong'Product Code: 24968Price $59.29 $53.90Here in the Australian outback, we have some of the most wondrous animals in the world. Come and explore the billabong, and discover some interesting facts about our precious animals through Aboriginal inspired artwork. Written, illustrated and printed in Australia. 16 pages. Measures 42cmH x 30cmW. Ages 5yrs+. Learn More
- Big Book 'My Family Likes Bush Tucker'Product Code: 24953Price $59.29 $53.90Join the adventure with this Aboriginal boy for a day of collecting bush tucker with his family. A beautifully illustrated and fun to read book. Written and printed in Australia, featuring full colour illustrations and large text. Great for engaging children in discussions on sustainability, our connection with the land and the histories and cultures of Indigenous Australians. 16 pages. Measures 42cmH x 30cmW. Ages 5yrs+. Learn More
- Big Book 'Let's Learn About Bush Tucker'Product Code: 24951Price $59.29 $53.90This book is ideal for any centre or classroom. Featuring full colour photography and large text, it will engage children with the amazing variety of bush tucker that can be found in the Australian outback. Written, illustrated and printed in Australia. 16 pages. Measures 42cmH x 30cmW. Ages 5yrs+. Learn More
- Cultural Competence Kit 2Product Code: 25036Save 25%Regular Price $817.03 Special Price $612.59 $556.90
This comprehensive indigenous resources kit contains 20 favourite Kurrajong products. Note: image is a guide only.
- #25511 1 x Symbols Card Game
- #50063 1 x Aussie Animal Memory Game
- #50064 1 x Comparison Card Game
- #25500 1 x How to Indigenise Your Childcare Centre Book
- #25505 1 x Australian Indigenous Activities Book
- #25024 1 x Aboriginal Art Symbols Book
- #65398 1 x 1-10 Count & Rhyme Book
- #25028 1 x Let's Compare Book
- #25029 1 x This is a Bandhaar Book
- #25030 1 x First Indigenous Alphabet Book
- #25513 1 x A is for Aborigine Book
- #25031 1 x I've Seen Painted People Dance book
- #80515 1 x Symbols A3 Posters Set of 6
- #80514 1 x Australian Indigenous People A3 Poster
- #45704 1 x Wooden Puzzle - Fish Billabong
- #25946 1 x Talking Book - Walking the Seasons in Kakadu
- #25896 1 x Talking Book - Tom Tom
- #25907 1 x Talking Book - You and Me Murawee
- #25019 1 x Dreamtime Kullilla Dreaming Stories Kit 2
- #91188 1 x Knobbed Indigenous Shapes Set of 8
- Cultural Competence Kit 1Product Code: 25035Save 25%Regular Price $422.13 Special Price $316.58 $287.80
This impressive kit contains 10 favourite Kurrajong products to help indigenise your childcare centre or junior classroom.
- #50062 1 x Memory Card Game
- #25512 1 x Alphabet Flash Cards
- #65339 1 x Numbers 1-20 Flash Cards
- #80511 1 x Indigenous Culture A4 5 Poster Set
- #25500 1 x How to Indigenise Your Childcare Setting
- #25020 1 x Dreamtime Kullilla Set 1 with 5 Dreaming stories on CD, a full colour book and 5 posters
- #91188 1 x Knobbed Indigenous Shapes Set 8pcs
- #25505 1 x Australian Indigenous Activities Book
- #25514 1 x My Australian Picture Alphabet Book
- #65398 1 x 1 to 10 Counting and Rhyming Book
- Kurrajong 3 Books Set 2 - I Can Throw a Boomerang, I've Seen Painted People Dance and This is a BandhaarProduct Code: 25026Save 30%Regular Price $98.89 Special Price $69.19 $62.90I Can Throw a Boomerang: Great early reader with repetitive sentencing. Wonderful bright pictures. 10 pages. 21cm x 29.5cm. Suggested ages 5 to 8.I've Seen Painted People Dance: A beautifully illustrated book celebrating indigenous culture based on a lyrical poem about the history of Indigenous Australia. 17 pages 21cm x 29.5cm. Suggested ages 5 to 12.This is a Bandhaar: Simple first reader featuring Wiradjuri language words "This is a Bandhaar. This is a kangaroo". Pronunciations provided. 12 pages. 21cm x 29.5cm. Suggested ages 4 to 8.Learn More
- Kurrajong 3 Books Set 1 - Boomerangs, Tools & Weapons and Let's CompareProduct Code: 25025Save 11%Regular Price $98.89 Special Price $87.89 $79.90Boomerangs: Bright and colourful, simple to read information about the boomerang and how it was so important in Aboriginal life. Activities pages (18) included 21cm x 29.5cm. Ages 4-10.Tools & Weapons: Detailed information on tools and weapons and how they were used. Lots of text and well illustrated. 38 pages 21cm x 29.5cm. Suggested ages 5 to 15.Let's Compare: An informative and entertaining book, comparing the way most Australians live today with how Aboriginal and TSI people lived before European settlement. 22 pages 21cm x 29.5cm. Suggested ages 4 to 10 Learn More