Dough, Sculpting, Moulding & Accessories
- Fun Dough 6 colours 5.4kgProduct Code: 96868Save 15%Regular Price $85.14 Special Price $72.05 $65.50
Ideal for young children and early model making. Bright colours make it appealing for children to create fun artwork using their hands and dough tools. Playing with dough is a sensory experience and also helps children develop hand-eye co-ordination and fine motor skills, making this a great activity for the classroom. Large, re-usable tubs for easy storage with 36 individual separate logs. Ages 3yrs+.Learn More
- Sculpt-It 10kgProduct Code: 91751Price $87.45 $79.50
This white modelling mix combines the best features of clay, plaster and papier mache. Supplied in powder form, add water and cast or model with fingers or tools. It doesn't shrink, adheres to most surfaces and may be used to build up relief sculpture. Sculpt-It may be cast in sand, plastic or rubber moulds. When dry, this medium may be sawed, carved or nailed. Decorate with any paint.Learn More
- Wikki Stix Activity Set 84pcsProduct Code: 92101Price $40.59 $36.90
There is no right or wrong way to use these flexible, wax-covered yarn strands. No preparation, no mess, no cleanup, these pliable sticks adhere to almost any smooth surface. Includes 84 Wikki Stix in 16 colours and 2 sizes, playboard, a booklet with ideas and illustrations and a storage bag. Safe, non-toxic WIKKI STIX. Ideal creative play for 3-12 year olds. Each Wikki Stix measures 20cm long and can be reused over and over.Learn More
- Wikki Stix Neon 48pcsProduct Code: 92102Price $18.59 $16.90
48 Wikki Stix in a range of hot neon colours. Wikki Stix are made of yarn food grade non toxic wax. Slightly tacky, they stick to virtually any smooth surface and can be assembled into 3D models. Ideal for funky art activities, quiet play, after school etc.Learn More
- Mod-Wrap Plaster Bandage 4 Rolls (total 36.4 metres x 30.5cm)Product Code: 91732Save 50%Regular Price $98.89 Special Price $49.39 $44.90
A very versatile craft product that can be bandaged around most forms. A fine gauze material that is in a roll form impregnated with quick drying plaster for creating casts or moulding shapes. Non toxic, microwaveable, quick and fun. Includes 4 rolls each measuring 9.1 metres long x 30.5cm wide. That's a total of 36.4 metres!Learn More
- Air Dry-No Kiln Clay KitProduct Code: 96874Save 15%Regular Price $193.49 Special Price $164.45 $149.50
This Air Dry-No Kiln Clay Kit gives you all the materials and tools to explore clay without the need of a kiln! This economical kit includes OZ Clay, which looks like and has same properties of real clay – except that it doesn’t require firing. That’s right, it air dries! Best of all, you can still explore all the same clay modelling skills and techniques as you would with regular clay. Everything from OZ Clay, to clay tools, and sponges are included. This kit is designed to make it easier for you and your class to get started with clay!
- #91740 2 x Air Dry White Modelling Clay 5kg
- #90577 1 x Clay Modelling Tools Set 11pcs
- #90585 5 x Synthetic Sponges 2pcs
- #90576 1 x Pottery Tools Set 8pcs
- #90578 2 x Pottery Ribbon Loop Tools 10pcs
Tips when using OZ Clay:Learn More
– OZ Clay air dries with very little shrinkage so it can go over armatures such as newspaper balls, wire and foil to construct larger forms without using a large quantity of clay.
– Small amounts of water will improve the clay’s plasticity if it is too hard or cracks while modelling.
– Untouched OZ clay should be stored in a cool place in an airtight container.
– Left over clay should be stored in an airtight container separate from untouched clay to prevent contamination.
– Allow models to dry slowly by partially covering with a plastic bag and slowly removing the bag more and more over a few days. This will help prevent cracking.
– Paint with acrylic paint
- Pottery Ribbon Loop Tools 10pcsProduct Code: 90578Price $25.19 $22.90
- Clay Modelling Tools Set 11pcsProduct Code: 90577Price $29.59 $26.90
- Air Dry White Modelling Clay 5kgProduct Code: 91740Price $31.79 $28.90
A 5kg pug of Australian made air drying clay that is inexpensive for classroom use when a kiln is not accessible to fire normal clay. This revolutionary new clay has all the properties of clay, it requires the same skills for modelling with clay yet it air dries. Very little shrinkage when drying so it can go over armatures such as newspaper balls, wire and foil to construct larger forms without using a large quantity of clay. Add water if clay is too hard or cracking while modelling. Store clay in a cool place wrapped in plastic when not in use. Leave models to dry in open air. When dry apply acrylic paint.
Working with Oz Clay
Oz Clay is the most ‘clay like’ material available when a kiln is not accessible. It is an Australian made air drying clay that has all the properties of normal clay and requires the same skills for modelling with clay yet it air dries.
Important features: Similar to real clay. Air dries with very little shrinkage so it can go over armatures such as newspaper balls, wire and foil to construct larger forms without using a large quantity of clay.
Small amounts of water will improve the clay’s plasticity if it is too hard or cracks while modelling. Untouched clay should be stored in a cool place in an airtight container. Left over clay should be stored in an airtight container separate from untouched clay to prevent contamination. Allow models to dry slowly by partially covering with a plastic bag and slowly removing the bag more and more over a few days. This will help prevent cracking. Paint with acrylic paint.Learn More
- Paper & Wire Form-It 50mProduct Code: 92292Price $10.95 $9.95
- Wind-Up Mechanisms Modelling KitProduct Code: 96612Save 26%Regular Price $250.91 Special Price $186.89 $169.90
Excite and engage your students by adding movement to their modelled characters with this Wind-Up Mechanisms Kit! Inside you’ll find everything your class needs to create modelled creations that GO…and GLOW!
The Wind-up Mechanisms are a novel armature base designed for Modelling Foam and Magiclay. Build these clean and lightweight air-drying modelling clays around the mechanism (do not cover base). Press the Glow in the Dark Joggle Eyes into the wet clay if creating a creature. Allow to dry. Then wind it up and watch it GO!
Perfect for STEAM, modelling projects, fundraising events, themed activities and when you want to add some fun to your lessons!
Included in this kit: 30 Wind-Up Mechanisms (15 walking and 15 running); 1 x Magiclay Candy Colours 240g (20g x 12 assorted colours); 1 x Metallic Modelling Foam (20g x 12 assorted colours); and 100 Glow in the Dark Joggle Eyes.
- #91792 3 x Paper Magiclay Candy Colours 12pcs
- #91799 2 x Modelling Foam Set Assorted 12pcs
- #89978 3 x Wind Up Mechanisms 10pcs
- #91395 1 x Glow in the Dark Joggle Eyes 100pcs
- Getting Started With Wire KitProduct Code: 96804Save 15%Regular Price $229.02 Special Price $194.59 $176.90
Getting Started with Wire Kit is the perfect kit to start your next classroom wire activity. The kit covers a good range of wire construction and sculpting needs from armature structures to decorative wire embellishment. Use alone or to supplement an existing project.
In the kit is Florist Wire 1kg Rainbow – a thin multicolour decorative wire great for joining; Armature Wire 1.5mm 175m – clean and mailable aluminium wire excellent for wire structures; Armature Wire Flat 12m Asst – flat silver stripping great for structures and decorative bands; Creative Soft Wire 60m Asst – a handy assortment of coloured wire in different gauges; Jewellery Plier Set 3 pairs – three clamp types for manipulating wire and small sized perfect for little hands.
- #92300 2 x Florist Wire Rainbow 1kg
- #92303 1 x Armature Wire 1.5mm x 175m
- #92310 1 x Creative Soft Wire Jumbo Pack 60m
- #92299 1 x Jewellery Plier Set 3pcs
- #92304 1 x Armature Wire Silver Flat 50m
- Paper Magiclay 40g White 6pcsProduct Code: 91793Price $21.89 $19.90Learn More
Paper Magiclay White is a lightweight, soft and elastic modelling compound now in a handy canister pack. Magiclay air dries in hours resembling a paper-like texture when dry. Suitable for all levels. Check out our step-by-step on this product by visiting the Library & Projects section of our website.
240 gram canister packs for easy distribution in the classroom.
Important features of Paper Magiclay White:
- Free from wheat, gluten and wheat derived products
Colouring Magiclay (Wet clay): Easily colour white Magiclay with paint, dye and markers. Just add a small amount of pigment and mix through prior to modelling.
Colouring (Dry) Once Magiclay is dry, its surface can be painted or printed on.
Blending & Marbling Colours Mix colours together to expand your colour palette. Add white to lighten and brighten colours. For marbled effects, lightly mix colours.
Model Making: Paper Magiclay will bond wet to dry – just press on a surface, or press parts together and it will hold; no adhesives, joining techniques or special tools are required. It can be pulled, stretched, sprung back, rolled, and can be used in combination with other materials. This is why it is ideal clay for model making and popular with all age levels.
Building Up Surface Press Magiclay directly onto canvas or paper to build up a surface on which to paint.
Creating Forms Create an armature as a base & mould Magiclay over the top. Magiclay can be smoothed out and finer details can be added.
Use as a canvas: Emboss and imprint designs and patterns into the surface. When dry, Magiclay can be stitched into.
Shaping & Finishing a Form Magiclay can be applied to an object to create a unique form. Once sealed, alternate between sanding and painting to build up a polished and smooth surface. Varnish to finish.
Modelling Techniques and Skills Using Paper Magiclay White
Take a golf ball size piece of Magiclay.
Hands as Tools: with different parts of the hands, try squeezing, twisting, rolling, pinching, tearing/pulling, pressing to make different shapes; try joining and smoothing a surface. Use these techniques and skills to make different parts of one or two of the subjects in Step 1.
Using Tool Set: create different lines, textures and patterns. Explore how these could be used on different parts of a particular subject e.g.the indentations created with the blade looking part of the tool could look like the veins on a butterfly wing, or the “cup” marks could add texture to clothes.
Using Other Tools: try cutting, trimming and fringing with a pair of scissors. Find items that could be used as tools eg a fork could create repetitive indentations
- Aluminium Embossing Foil A4 Coloured 10pcsProduct Code: 92314Price $18.59 $16.90
Aluminium Embossing Foil is a wonderful and versatile decorative material for both artroom and classroom. Simply by using a ball point pen or soft pencil you can deboss intricate designs into this soft foil. Designs can also be drawn into the back of the foil to make a raised, embossed surface.
This Aluminium Embossing Foil is 0.07mm thick and can be easily cut with regular scissors. Foil can also be folded, manipulated and scored. Conveniently pre-cut into A4 sheets, this pack stores flat which reduces damage to foil. This coloured aluminium foil is single sided; featuring a bright colour on the front with the silver aluminium on the reverse side. Pack includes five assorted colours: Blue, Red, Green, Copper and Gold.
- Size A4 (210mm x 297mm)
- Pack of 10 sheets (2 of each colour)
- Bulk Dough Modelling and Baking Set 97pcsProduct Code: 96865Save 40%Regular Price $122.27 Special Price $73.15 $66.50
This huge set of colourful dough modelling tools is perfect for use with all modelling materials and also with glue and paint.
- #90574 12 x moulding tools 20cmL each with 4 modelling shapes
- #90572 12 x spatula scraping tools 13.5cmL
- #90602 12 x large smooth pastry wheels 18cmL, wheel diam 6cm
- #96866 48 x low profile animal shape cutters 7-9cm
- #90607 1 x metal clay and dough gun with 19 extruder disc designs
- #90581 12 x plastic rolling pins 22cmW
Note: Colours of the components may vary.Learn More
- Modelling Foam Set Assorted 12pcsProduct Code: 91799Price $38.39 $34.90